How to Introduce Yourself to Women


Introducing Yourself to Women

Another important point to stress is that you should complete an introduction of yourself at the earliest suitable time. On some occasions you may want to start your opening line by saying, "Hi! My name is..." The only trouble with this approach is that you may find it hard to justify following it with, "What's your name?" since you haven't given the girl any reason why she should tell her name to a stranger. Of course you can always delay asking her name till after you have completed some preliminary groundwork. For example, "Hi! My name is ...I saw you go by here earlier, and I decided I really would like to meet you. I hope you don't mind my talking to you like this. By the way, what is your name?"


We think it is usually best to give an opening line, with preliminary groundwork, before you introduce yourself. Then you can ask her name right after giving yours. Example: (Opening lines)…"By the way, my name is…What's yours?" It is easier to give out your name than to get her to give hers. So, slipping the request for her name in after stating your name is a smoother flowing operation.

0 comments